Mind the gap – hit those targets in this next quarter
For this next quarter – establish the key areas in the business which need your focus
A 90 day sprint to reach goals will need you to:
- Be certain about your current position
- Reinforce your targets
- Establish agreed responsibilities and actions for your team
Pick 3 things to focus on in the next quarter, to bring you 3 steps closer to achieving your goals, for example:
- Reducing over-servicing by 10%
- Increase billable hours by 10%
- Initiate a coffee meeting with 3 new prospects
Here are some tips to get you started:
- Cleary state the objectives – make each one a project
- Describe how you intend to address each objective
- Delegate ultimate responsibility to a person for each project
- Agree milestone dates for each phase in the project
- Develop a reporting format and routine to track progress.
- Consider implementing a success tracker – to raise any issues early if project is falling behind and likely to fail
KIS – Keep it simple
I recommend a simple KIS recording table, with a few boxes to state the target, actual position, and notes review your current position each month, along with action plan agreed to hit agreed targets.
Would you like some mentoring – a top-up of external expertise to add value and help to ensure that targets are met?
Perhaps consider inviting an external facilitator to re-fresh your meetings and deliver best practice methodologies and expertise.
And if you would like to treat yourself to some complimentary business advice – email or call me – I’d love the opportunity to add value.